HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a rinnai V1500 hot water unit. We had a power outage…

Customer Question
I have a rinnai...

I have a rinnai V1500 hot water unit. We had a power outage in the area the other day and sine then the auto pilot will not reignite when the hoter water runs ?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

HOw do we check the thermostat ? the unit is sealed ?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it can be done ?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really the power is back , the plug the unit is connected to has power ??

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/8/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there is a good chance that 'power spike' occurred with the power failure that damaged the the printed circuit board in the water heater, about an 80% chance of that.

.

We can do a few tests however, to start tell me if you have a multi meter or not and a lot about your skills etc so that I can coach you most effectively.

If you lack any technical skill sets, tell me which direction your are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated Rinnai service outfit for you.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.