HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do I get the flame to work on my carlin burner? burner…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get the flame to work on my carlin burner? burner runs but no flame. had no heat 2x now and we are in western mass

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

thermostat settings? I just had this cleaned for 1st time in 7 years. and we never had any problem. end of nov. guy said the electrodes needed to be replaced. so cleaning cost us 130$ then a week later the furnance turned off, and we had no heat that night. came to start it next day. $100. electrodes came in 2 days later. $137 for that. all this in roughfully 1 week.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. husband cant help. has no clue. and company says was going to chg us $180 to come out last night. So Friday night ran out of oil, oil company fault. we were so cold I was putting heating pad on my 10 yr old cat to keep her warm. we have had minus below zero weather for past week. not to mention snow

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cant afford another service bill. im on ssdisablity. fixed income. husband about to retire year or 2

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/8/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the model number on the Carlin burner unit, So far I think it just needs the air bled from its oil pump.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.