HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an old gas fireplace and I am looking for replacement…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an old gas fireplace and I am looking for replacement parts--the gas valve reads robertshaw-grayson 7000 mvrlc lp 10" w.....for milivolt system only---It lookw like one system that includes de gas valve & pilot assembly. also I require the burner tray..can you help?***@******.***

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Its a low heat fireplace...i can not quite read the brand...it looks something like hearth industries and has a serial number 486131..also i have the measurements of the fireplace front 36', sides 14.5', back 25' and height inside 18'

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No...i would have a technician from the gas company do it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I live in Panama but have a Miami shipping address--since its tropical here the idea was to have a nice fire but not generate too much heat

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sent 6 photos---happy to talk instead of type
Burner and Assembly.JPGBurner...JPGBurner and Assembly.JPGBurner...JPGFireplace Plate Brand.JPGFirepla...JPGGas Valve from Above.JPGGas Val...JPGBurner and Assembly.JPGBurner...JPGGas Valve.JPGGas Valve.JPG
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it looks like we can use several different brands of currently available MV gas valves.. I will be looking into that for you, if you see a MV rating, such as 400 MV or 800MV on the valve let me know, they come in those two varieties.

.

I need some close up photo's that include the gas valve and burner all in the same, well lit close up frame.

We can go from there without a time limit

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

click here please, its an ebay link that shows 0 available but also has contact information for the seller Patriot Supply, click on that and talk to them, they may have some of those valves left.

another one, click here please

yet another click here please

.

Its time to rate my input for the day, that gets me paid, locate the "finish and rate your expert" link near the top of the page and click on it. I will appreciate that very much.

I am in every day from 9 am to 11 pm west coast USA time to do any follow up needed.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer