HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Occasionally there is a puddle under my 10 gal under sink…

Customer Question
Occasionally there is a...

Occasionally there is a puddle under my 10 gal under sink water sink water heater, Rheem XE10P06PU20U0.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Twice now in three days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is no drain valve on the water heater

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Could be the temp & pressure relief valve leaking. If it was a water line or connection leaking the water would most likely be there all the time.

My initial thought was that the relief valve opened momentarily, but that would have sprayed all over. Is it possible that the fitting leaks only at a normal high temp or pressure causing water to drip down the side of the tank?

Yes, relief valves don't always discharge a lot of water. Sometimes they just drip