HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE A RITE TEMP THERMOSTAT MODEL 8029B I tried to lower…

Customer Question
I HAVE A RITE...

I HAVE A RITE TEMP THERMOSTAT MODEL 8029B I tried to lower the thermostat and the up and down buttons weren's working. I replaced the batteries and it still won't budge. I even reset it a few times to no avail Please help

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Definitely specific to the thermostat. I replaced my heater 5 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know, it depends on what I have to do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's all, it's been really cold here in Philadelphia, so we have been using the thermostat a lot this week!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, it might be locked.

CLick here for the operators manual, look that over, and then I coach you further if needed. See page 10, calibration issues... let me know how it goes.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

ur telling me to replace it. What page if these 16 tell u how to unlock it

Their manual does not say anything about a lock... but page 10 of the manual, if you try those instructions *might unlock it.

.

Let me know how that goes.... see if you can reprogram it from scratch, per the manual, if that fails then the thermostat is likely bad

I got those pages for free on google. I just bought a new thermostat this info was useless. Why would u tell me to unlock it when there are no instructions for that particular fix

I can only go by the manuals the manufacturer gives... so I suggested we *try that.

MAKE SURE I AM NOT CHARGED ANYTHING ELSE. I DO NOT WANT TO BE ON ANY PLAN. All this money for nothing. What a ripoff!!!

There are 11,000 experts here including thousands of doctors and lawyers, our ratings are very high....this is not a rip off.... but we are limited by the information available at times.

I will put in a refund request for you.

please you do that. Thank you. I definitely want a refund....