HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC and it is extremely cold. I have a…

Customer Question
Hi I'm in...

Hi I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC and it is extremely cold. I have a hybrid system and just tried to get cold water from faucet in kitchen and all that comes out is a trickle of hot water. System has code ECC saying pump compressor not functioning. I have called for service from ARS but they are not available until later tomorrow. If I change the mode to electric will this fix my problem in the meantime?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just started about 20 minutes ago. I was washing some dishes and water got extremely hot and when I tried to adjust to cooler setting still continued with hot water.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No - I have ARS coming out late tomorrow but wanted to know if changing the mode to Electric will bypass the compressor.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
please call(###) ###-####

HVAC Question $5 paid with Visa ending in **** Order ID: 18345418-523

Deposit $5

Amount after HVAC Technician responds $23

Total $28

1/8/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, yes changing the mode to electric is fine, and will work unless the pipes are frozen, then you will have to wait a while.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.