HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a wei-mclain gold oil burner that stopped firing up.

Customer Question
I have a wei-mclain...

I have a wei-mclain gold oil burner that stopped firing up. the blinking green indicator light is flashing. the blinking green light goes off while I press the reset button for 45 seconds until I get the double blinking green light. I release the button then the boiler fires up.after a minute the boiler cuts off. it then attempts to fire but shuts off.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since this morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. I usually do my own boiler tuning up and cleaning

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What brand burner do you have? How old is the unit?

weil-mclain gold oil boiler. 5years old

When was the last time the burner was tuned up?