HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

7.5kw heater in a carrier AC is tripping a 40 amp breaker.

Customer Question
7.5kw heater in a...

7.5kw heater in a carrier AC is tripping a 40 amp breaker. 10 year old. Only does it occasionally. Current is 35 amp.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 1 month

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Can the heater go bad. Or cb.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Breaker is probably weak or wires are loose on the connection. If you want to try tightening connections first open breaker panel and turn off 40 amp breaker. Take flat heat screw driver and tighten the screws. If that does not work breaker is bad replace it. Breaker is about 10.00. Pick up at Lowes or Home Depot. Russ

Heater can go bad but they usually just open and amperage drops. Russ

Do you still need help. Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician