HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

E24 Wiring report. 30 minutes. Planned to replace the AC…

Customer Question
E24 Wiring report Contractor's...

E24 Wiring report

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

30 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Planned to replace the AC Filter. Turned the heater down till the system turned off. Replaced the filter. Did not reset the heat to 69 immediately. (was originally at 69 F .

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

On the Thermostat I am getting this message E24 Wiring Report No Power to Rh wire

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, check voltage from the thermostat R wire where it lands inside the furnace to the bare threads on the furnace gas line, tell me what read you get.

.

I need the furnace brand name and model number from a tag inside the compartment where the gas valve is... and the approximate age of the furnace in order to pull the manual on it and look up the error code for you.

The error codes you should know are only about 30% reliable, the other 70% of the time they are either too vague to be useful or entirely bogus, as when the printed circuit board fails.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

the furnace brand name is Lennox and model number CB29M-65-iP

Hello, locate the red wire from the thermostat where it attaches to the R terminal inside the blower compartment, and onto the R terminal on the printed circuit board... use a multi meter to measure voltage from the R terminal to the bare threads on the gas valve piping... if you get 19 to 24 voltsAC then the E24 is a false error code.

.

False error codes are common, especialy if the system is working and heating well.

We can go from there without any time limits.

.

the model n is Lenox CB29M-65-IP Approx age 15 years

Hello again, click here for the manual please, tell me if this looks like your furnace or not.

.

click here please, do the following tests.

1. Measure voltage between R and a known ground, such as the gas line attached to the furnace... if there 19 to 24vac there the error code E24 is bogus.

2, If there is no voltage at #1, then jumper that switch using a paper clip wire.

3, If there is still no voltage at #1 press that reset .

Let me know how all that goes, we can proceed from there without any time limits.

IF this activity is not within your range of skills, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will look up a well rated service outfit for you.