HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have an E7 error and was told it was a connection problem…

Customer Question
We have an E7...

We have an E7 error and was told it was a connection problem and we just had to turn it off from the unit but we can't seem to locate the on/off switch. Do you know where it is?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it was just to turn it on and off, but if it needs more we will have a professional come out. We bought it from a A1 in Meridian

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. the main unit is working fine. It is a 2-ton system with three wall units. it's the two bedroom ones that are getting the E7 error

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the brand and model number of the unit and a description of what it looks like and exactly where it is located.

We can go from there without a time limit.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's at our rental I'll have to get the paperwork it'll take me a few minutes

Thanks, ***** ***** brand and model number off of a tag on the unit itself if you cannot find the paper work... if there is a wiring diagram that shows the gas valve and blower wiring, take a close up, well focused photo of it and attach it here using the 'add files' link and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Lennox Ductless Heat Pump - MS8 2D 24P3 (outdoor unit)
MS8 H1 09P1 x2 in bedrooms - these are the two that are getting the E7 error
MS8 H1 12P1 in living room this one is working fine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The technician from A1 said it was a connection error and we just had to turn the units off for a couple of minutes and then turn them back on. He said their was an on/off button on the units but we're not sure where they are.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not at the rental at this moment. If you need a picture I cannot get there tonight. Could I just turn the system off at the breaker and flip it back on in a couple of minutes?It has its own circuit
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am assuming that you are not there anymore. That was an expensive no answer.

I am here, looking the situation over

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer