HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have an E7 error and was told it was a connection problem…

Customer Question
We have an E7...

We have an E7 error and was told it was a connection problem and we just had to turn it off from the unit but we can't seem to locate the on/off switch. Do you know where it is?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it was just to turn it on and off, but if it needs more we will have a professional come out. We bought it from a A1 in Meridian

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. the main unit is working fine. It is a 2-ton system with three wall units. it's the two bedroom ones that are getting the E7 error

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the brand and model number of the unit and a description of what it looks like and exactly where it is located.

We can go from there without a time limit.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

It's at our rental I'll have to get the paperwork it'll take me a few minutes

Thanks, ***** ***** brand and model number off of a tag on the unit itself if you cannot find the paper work... if there is a wiring diagram that shows the gas valve and blower wiring, take a close up, well focused photo of it and attach it here using the 'add files' link and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

.

Lennox Ductless Heat Pump - MS8 2D 24P3 (outdoor unit)
MS8 H1 09P1 x2 in bedrooms - these are the two that are getting the E7 error
MS8 H1 12P1 in living room this one is working fine
The technician from A1 said it was a connection error and we just had to turn the units off for a couple of minutes and then turn them back on. He said their was an on/off button on the units but we're not sure where they are.
I am not at the rental at this moment. If you need a picture I cannot get there tonight. Could I just turn the system off at the breaker and flip it back on in a couple of minutes?It has its own circuit
Are you still there?
I am assuming that you are not there anymore. That was an expensive no answer.

I am here, looking the situation over