HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What does flashing yellow light in damper module mean? Just…

Customer Question
What does flashing yellow...

What does flashing yellow light in damper module mean?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just bought the house, bryant system has been here for about 10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We installed a nest system today, blew a fuse, and now can't get heat to work. power is working with new fast, but yellow flashing light on the damper module

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Haven't looked at filters...will double check

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need a photo of the zone damper box with the cover open that shows the yellow flashing light to coach you on a diagnosis... either there is no power to the damper, due to a bad thermostat or zone controller or the damper motor is bad.

.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo me, photo must be well focused and include ALL of the wire connections at the zone controller.

IF you do not have such a zone controller I need to know what the flashing yellow light is on, a photo will help.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

It is on a Bryant damper module.. we added nest thermostats and now furnace won’t kick on. The only thing we see is flashing 7x) on damper module

Bryant makes a lot of different damper controls, tell me about how big that module is, if its larger than 10 inches square I need a photo of the inside of it showing all wire connections.

.

If the system worked however before you installed the NEST you have wired it incorrectly... tell me which color of wire attached to the old thermostat and the letters for each terminal. and the same for the NEST

We can go from there