HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am installing an Emerson programmable thermostat for a 14…

Customer Question
Hi. I am...

Hi. I am installing an Emerson programmable thermostat for a 14 year old Ruud furnace. Assuming it is a single stage system but thermostat has a "power stealing switch". Will it ork on the Ruud?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to the thermostat. I am replacing the old one

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to know if my furnace (Ruud Achiever 90 Plus) is compatible with the thermostat "power stealing switch"

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 2 days by:
1/9/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What thermostat are you installing?And what wires do you currently ave at thermostat (R<G<W<Y W C etc?)

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer