HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Light blinking three times furnace not firing up

Customer Question
Ok light blinking three times...
Ok light blinking three times furnace not firing up
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/6/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 8 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a pressure switch code, meaning the pressure switch is not closing when the exhaust fan is coming on. So you need to check and make sure the exhaust fan comes on first. You can cycle the power off to the unit at the switch or breaker for a minute and turn it back on to clear the code and restart a heat cycle making sure the thermostat is on or you have R to W jumpered on the board in the furnace. If the fan does not come on check the fan for power. If the fan does come on and nothing is plugged in the exhaust or intake vent then check the pressure tube for blockages. That is the rubber tube that connects the pressure switch to the blower housing. If that tube is blocked or cracked that code will come up. You need to check the port where the tube connects to the exhaust blower housing make sure that port is not blocked with crud. Normally it is one of these issues causing that code on the furnace. Lastly you have to check all condensate lines on the unit, especially the drain line that comes out of the inducer motor housing to make sure nothing is blocked causing a backup of condensate water.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.