HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a new boiler and it’s not working properly it comes…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new boiler and it’s not working properly it comes on and recycles every five minutes then comes up with err63 you turn the heater off and it recycles again is there something I can do to make it run by the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it is in the heaters system for the running time

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If I switch the heater off and back on it runs the same again

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/6/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if if flames come up on the burner for a few seconds, then goes off, and it tries 5 times, it is most likely that the flame sensor rod is not sensing flame... tell me if that is the case or not.

.

We can go from there. Tell me a lot about your skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively.