HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm having a issue with my boiler. I get heat on the bottom…

Customer Question
Hi I'm having a...

Hi I'm having a issue with my boiler. I get heat on the bottom floor but can't get heat upstairs. I changed the thermostat for the upstairs and the pump for the upstairs zone but the pipe from the boiler with the faucet on it is still cold, while the 1st level zone pipe is hot. Every pipe off the boiler is hot except the pipe going to the 2nd floor

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I double cked triple cked the thermostat settings. And I didn't know there were filters. Are u talking about the main boiler filter??

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes this all started when I had no heat in the whole house. Cuz both the upstairs and down stairs thermostats would click on even if I turned them right to 80 degrees, that's when I bout new ones. The new ones clicked on but still minimal heat so I found at the boiler one of the pump motors wasn't working so changed it. Now I get heat on the 1st floor but the 2nd floor is speratic. It will work and then not work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Did you purge the air out of the system after you replaced the pump?

By opening the faucet valves ? If so yes

It's a lot more involved than that. I suspect you have air in the zone and it's stopping circulation. If you can post pics of the piping around the boiler I can walk you through how to properly purge the system on a phone call