HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell thermostat TH8321U1097. The red light is…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell thermostat TH8321U1097. The red light is on and the screen shows that there are two problems. One asks me to change the UV light; the other asks me to change the filter. My serviceman has checked the UV light (it is OK) and replaced the filter, BUT the red light and the error message are still on. How do I get them off?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to the thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/6/2018
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 8 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

Those are just timers based on hours of runtime. The thermostat does not know if they were changed or not...it just runs a timer for them. The timer can be changed, the alerts cleared or the alerts turned off.

See page 28 HERE