HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

When I jump red to the fuse blows at the air handler. I

Customer Question
When I jump red...

When I jump red to green the fuse blows at the air handler. I jumped red to yellow the compressor will run. It has an inherited blower motor. Model number FB4CF036T00ABAA. How do I check the motor or the interacted board.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think it is the motor or board

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Are you referring to a low voltage fuse or power supply high voltage fuse?

Low voltage fuse

Let me see if I can find the wiring diagram.When you say "Inherited" do you mean it has the X13 motor?

Tell me how many total wires go to motor

X13. One plug with four plug into the motor. Then it has two speeds plugged in beside it.

OK while I am looking( I have probably 60 different diagrams for the FB4 air handlers), disconnect the low voltage speed control wires at motor and see if fuse still blows. If so issue is going to be in board.if not it will be in the X-13 motor.

Ok. I disconnected the speed control wires and the fuse still blows.

Issue has to be a bad board then if the x13 is out of the circuit

Ok. Thanks

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician