HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace stopped working on Friday. I set the thermostat…

Customer Question
My furnace stopped working...

My furnace stopped working on Friday. I set the thermostat to 72F, the temperature in the house is 65F and the furnace is not kicking on for 10 to 15 minutes. Then is runs for 10 minutes and stops. After 15 - 20 minutes I stop and restart the thermostat and the cycle repeats.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

You mean the furnace ?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I already called a technician. He twice thought he fixed it and 20 minutes after he left, it was once again the same.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The furnace is a Weather King from Feb. 2008

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
no answer !!
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 3 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you check the board in the furnace do you see any flashing error codes on it when it is not working?

I do not see any board. I am not a technician so if I need to open it ...???

Yes remove the panels on the furnace to get to the board the panels either lift off or there are just a couple screws to get them off.

thanks. will give up now...

OK if you can not get it a simple thing to check is make sure the furnace filter is clean.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer