HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Some of the floor registers are not getting hot from oil…

Customer Question
Some of the floor...

Some of the floor registers are not getting hot from oil burner furnance

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2018
HVAC Technician: Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector replied 1 month ago
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector

Hello, If some registers are not getting heat, but others are, this is usually due to a hole or disconnected duct. More often, than not when someone says that all of a sudden some registers are getting heat, but others are not, I help them locate a disconnected duct in the system, or sometimes, even worse, lots of holes in the flex ducting from critters. You will have to inspect the duct system to verify. I hope that this answers your question- J Baker

Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector