HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a newer keep rite gas furnace in my home in Cobourg,

Customer Question
Hi.... I have a...

Hi.... I have a newer keep rite gas furnace in my home in Cobourg, Ontario where it is currently minus 22 Celsius. In the past 12 hours the furnace keeps on cutting out after a few minutes of operation regardless of what temperature setting I have on the thermostat. The furnace blower will work for a few minutes then simply stop. Thinking it was a breaker on the electrical panel of my home, I reset the breaker. The furnace would restart, blow for a few minutes then shut off again. Any suggestions? If not, Can any heating service company technician be called, or do I need someone who installs and services keep rite furnaces?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The thermostat setting shows the fan in the ON position and the thermostat in the HEAT position. The thermostat is set at the 72 degrees but the room temp is down to 64 because of the cold.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry.... As for the filter it was replaced in the summer when the furnace was not in use, with a high quality 3M filter. Looking at it now, it seems ok, and not clogged. Because I am dealing with a gas furnace , I would prefer a qualified technician look at it...but as it is the middle of the night, I expect. I won't be able to contact anyone until later in the morning....one more thing, the lite on the bottom of the furnace panel, is showing a flashing green.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I reset the electrical panel breaker which again resulting in the fan blower coming on for two minutes before cutting out again after 2 minutes. Then I heard the gas burner come on and the blower fan just restart and is now blowing air... But there does not seem to be any heat to the air being blown. While this has been happening, the light on the outside panel seems to be flashing steady green.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
While I have been waiting for a response, the furnace blower again cut out after blowing for only 4 minutes, despite the fact that the inside temperature (65 degrees) still does not match the thermostat's setting of 72. Again, the gas pilot light is on, so I am assuming this is a mechanical problem?.??
Answered in 2 days by:
1/8/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer