HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We are getting an error message 126 on our Trane Comfortlink…

Customer Question
We are getting an...

We are getting an error message 126 on our Trane Comfortlink II. There is also a red light that looks like a snowflake. What steps do I need to take to correct?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

3 - 4 years old and this is the first time we have gotten an error message.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The temps outside are near zero. We don't want to be without heat.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
I have found paperwork indicating ERR126 is an equipment change alert. I changed the time on the system earlier this evening. Would this create the error message? Will we have heat thru the night?
1/6/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if the heat is working now, you should have heat through the night.

Tell me please if you have a clean air filter in the furnace and what temperature is inside the house and what the temperature is outside.

.We can go from there,

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

We had the furnace serviced on 12/1/17 the temperature outside is 12 degrees. The temperature inside is 72. I changed the time earlier this evening to get us off daylight savings time. otherwise there hasn't been any other issues.

You should be fine, the alert is related to your change to daylight savings time, It should disappear within 24 hours,

.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks, Phil! We'll leave the system on and check the error message later tomorrow. Main concern was related to heat in the house plus damage to the unit. Sounds as if we will be ok.

You should be fine, stay in touch however as needed.

.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. That gets me paid, If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.