HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

New goodman heating unit in atic - is there a restart

Customer Question
New goodman heating unit...

New goodman heating unit in atic - is there a restart function?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Setting are good to go. Where is filter?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, have no heat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/6/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, you can try a 'soft reset'... that is done by turning power off to the unit in the attic, waiting 10 minutes, then turning the power back on.

If you do not know where the filter is, then we have found the problem, you have not changed it, so its clogged solid with dirt and caused the furnace to over heat.

.Filter can be located in one of three different places... with attic units the filter is the large return air grill in the ceiling in most cases. it has two small screws or small levers you can operate, then the grill swings down on hinges and the filter is inside.

If its not there its in a slot next to the furnace return air in the attic.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.