HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I farted and now my gas furnace wont run. My friend has a…

Customer Question
I farted and now...

I farted and now my gas furnace wont run

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

My friend has a miller propane furnace and the burner is not coming on.The inducer motor comes on,it has a brand new thermocouple.white rogers gas valve.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I am I`m very good at oil boilers and furnaces but the propane side of it I need a little help.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This furnace has a standing pilot which of course is lite,The inducer motor is coming on first,the thermostat is turned up but no ignition.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello.

So far it sounds like water in the pressure switch tubing if it has one.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

It's an older propane furnace and it doesn't have a pressure switch on it.

Thanks, ***** ***** why asked for the wiring diagram. it will show me what you have, and I can mark it up with testing instructions, step by step.

I'm not at the location of where the furnace is so I will get the wiring diagram and get back to you thanks.

.