HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a model 8366 programable thermostate I am unable to…

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model 8366 programable thermostate I am unable to change the the temp and our furnace will not run can you please help me, thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it is the therostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If you can walk me thrue the programing

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im not sure

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you have system switch set to HEAT and try pressing UP arrow while system is set for HEAT?

i have done that I also checked the batteries and they are good

If you are set to heat but the numbers will not change when pressing up arrow, the thermostat may have taken a power spike.There is one trick I have seen work to reset these digital thermostats that works sometimes. That is to remove batteries and install them backwards for 5 seconds, Then remove and install properly,If this does not reset the little computer board in the thermostat you will need to replace the thermostat.

i can now raise the temp number but furnace still will not start

OK your issue is not with thermostat. If you have a meter and want to troubleshoot the furnace Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

the only model# ***** found is dgaa077bdtb
i do not see and error light

OK this is a mobile home furnace. There will not be an error light.Unless well versed in troubleshooting these furnaces you will need to call in a local service tech.The thermostat question is a pretty DIY issue but troubleshooting this will go well beyond a simple question.

The website does offer phone calls for an additional fee to guide you in troubleshooting.Hoevery I am not currently set up to take phone calls.If you want to speak with another tech by phone for the additional troubleshooting fee you can request it and if a tech is available they can guide you..

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate