HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Mendota gas fireplace. It will start, burn for a…

Customer Question
I have a Mendota...

I have a Mendota gas fireplace. It will start, burn for a couple of seconds, go out, start burning, then go out, then start again, then go out and not start again. I've tried going through this sequence many times.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Mendota

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is it work that I can do? I'm and old man.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just being old

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

If you have electronic ignition this sounds like a flame sensing issue. Best to call a local gas fireplace dealer for service

this is what I get for $36. See if you can get my $36 back for me. I'm letting my bank know this is a fraud.

Excuse me! You said "I'm and old man." so I assumed you were saying this was not something you wanted to tackle yourself. If you want a refund contact customer service. If you want to trouble shoot this I need a model number.