HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Goodman gas furnace and when I set the temp. for…

Customer Question
I have a Goodman...

I have a Goodman gas furnace and when I set the temp. for heat the temperature pad will click, but the warm does not come out of the vents. Something is not connecting from the temperature pad to the actual air coming out.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I've been double checking the termostat settings and switched from heat to air conditioner, then back to heat to see if that would trigger something. The filters were just changed a month ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This happened last year. I don't want a unit that is going to do this every year in the coldest part of winter.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Issue is most likely with furnace not thermostat.Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

We have 3 units. The first floor unit is on a zone by itself and that is the one we're having trouble with. The model number is *****
I cannot open the panel right now. My husband will have to do it.

I am about to leave to go out of town.I will opt out so another expert can continue when he is there.