HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Navien NCB-180 water heater/ boiler. It will go…

Customer Question
I have a Navien...

I have a Navien NCB-180 water heater/ boiler. It will go below zero tonight. What do I do with unit if pipes freeze

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

And if electricity goes off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I’m a senior citizen lady who is snowed in

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that I’m wondering what to shut off if need be. I will raise heat and let water drip through pipes. You have a fee?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If all the pipes freeze and/or you lose the power for an extended period you need to shut the water off at the water main shut off. Do not turn the power off to the boiler. Best to leave hot and cold water running in bathtub a steady stream (not a drip ) if you're concerned about pipes freezing. But if they've never frozen before and you have a well insulated house it's unlikely they will freeze unless you have an extended power outage. I'm assuming the Navien is inside the house.

Thank you. I will do that.
Please do not charge me more than the $5.
June Santoro

I have no control over what you are charged. If you have payment issues contact customer service.