HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Neither heating nor cooling nor fan are working. The control…

Customer Question
Neither heating nor cooling...

Neither heating nor cooling nor fan are working. The control panel (Aprilaire) looks fine. However, the condensation pan, where the unit is sitting in, is full with water. I guess the float switch disabled the system. should I just drain the condens water?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The settings are fine. Recently, I exchanged the filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, switch the power off, drain the water and see, if the unit starts working. why does it collect so much water (due to the cold temperature)?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Normally, we do not use the system for heating because it is our master bedroom. Is there the chance that anything is clocked?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The pan is an emergency pan .That means it should not have water in it.

check main drain and make sure it is not blocked or frozen. Also give me model on the unit *furnace)

Pictures would also be great

it is a RUUD Achiever 90 furnace, whAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE PUMP IN THE PAN? how could I check if it is working? does the white hardplastic drain pipe have to be tight between the fittings?

Can you attach phtotos? Never seen a pump in the overflow pan unless that are letting main drain drip into pan

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer