HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Furnace not igniting

Customer Question
Furnace not igniting
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

Reph-07eauer and no error code two solid green lights
Rgph
The fan comes on then the igniter kicks on I get 24 volts to my gas valve but it won’t open

OK do you have other gas appliances that are working or a gas pressure tester to make sure we have gas to valve? If so valve will have to be replaced.

I replaced the valve two days ago I’ve checked the gas it kicked in and ran great for two days now it won’t fire

May be a pressure issue to valve. But if we get 24 to 26 volts to the valve but it does not open there are no other safties or components that come into play before ignition

Would the gas pressure keep the silinoid from opening
Is there a way to manually open it

WE have to have at least 5" water column (if natural gas ) inlet pressure against diaphram in valve. You can not manually simulate this