HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace will not fire the fan kicks on the igniter comes…

Customer Question
My furnace will not...

My furnace will not fire the fan kicks on the igniter comes on I’m getting 24 volts to my gas valve but it won’t open it’s new

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

There all brand new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It’s a rgph-07eauer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Are there any error codes flashing on the board on the furnace?

No two green lights
The gas valve is getting 24 volts but it won’t open

If the gas valve gets 24 volts but does not open you have a bad gas valve on the unit you will need to replace the valve for that issue. Just make sure the gas is on of course to the unit, but other than that it would be a burned out gas valve coil on the unit. This should be the valve for your unit does yours look like this one...CLICK HERE

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I replaced it yesterday it fired ran great and now it’s not opening

Did you test the coil on the valve is it reading open?

How do you test the coil

Just ohm out where the two wires go to tha gas valve coil. The 24 volt supply is across the coil. See if it is reading an open circuit

It’s getting 25 to the gas valve when the unit calls for it

I would say it is just a defective new valve there is just nothing else it could be.

There’s no sensor or safety to keep it from opening

No not if you get 24 volts to it that would not be the issue. I would test gas valve to see if the coil is open how many wires do you have to the valve?

Two

OK pull the wires off set your meter to ohms(do you have a decent auto ranging meter) if so just check across the two what ohm reading do you get?

13.05
I have a cheap Gardner bender digital meter

OK the coil should be good,are you testing the valve for power with the wires on or off the valve?

On

Are you sure the gas supply to the unit is good? Also do you feel the coil clunk if you have your hand on it when it energizes?

I just did it with no wires connected getting 12.99 I just pulled the gas flex loose and I’m getting good flow
No I was able to hear it open yesterday now nothing

If you have them connected do you get about 27 volts AC?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!