HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do I reset my Honeywell thermostat? It is on heat but…

Customer Question
How do I reset...

How do I reset my Honeywell thermostat? It is on heat but the temperature shows 64 it does not increase

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters are ok

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t know anything about thermostat someone else fix it for me when it was installed not my father who is a bit old has touched it and since then it does not work properly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, has the thermostat been adjustable in the past, and just now its locked at 64F....I need some history on the situation.

Does your thermostat have UP and Down arrows or triangle shapes pointing up and down on it?

.

We can go from there without any time limits.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello, my thermostat has an up and down arrow on the right side of the screen
Well , who is helping me?

Press the up arrow

Done it many times , it comes back to original number

I am helping you but I cannot stand by while waiting for you to respond, but I am notified when you do respond and then I get back to you as soon as I am finished with my current customer... so there can be some delays, but generally not more than 10 or 15 minutes

Can I have someone who will be willing to help please. It seems that your technician is busy with someone else
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello I am a different tech, does your thermostat have batteries?

How do I know?
I tried to open it but don’t find how
It ‘s a honeywell with 2 up and down arrow on the right of a screen and on the left there’s se 3 buttons : set hold and run
On the screen there is the temperature on the right and the time on the left
Hello?
Hello
HVAC guru are you helping please?
Why do you have this site? I paid and nobody is helping
That ‘s not what are advertising!
I want my money back! No service on your end! It’s not what you are advertising!! Very frustrating!
I want a refund because I am not satisfied with your service. It is really not as you advertised! You can refund my credit card! Thanks.