HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have a Hampton Bay model HBLG1200H, wall unit heater has…

Customer Question
We have a Hampton...

We have a Hampton Bay model HBLG1200H, wall unit heater has gone out, is it worth replacement of heater unit

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

They are OK

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unit was purchased in 2005, cooling still works fine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/5/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

U​nfortunately replacement parts for the heater potion of these units is almost non-existent. While there are some replacement parts available, most of these parts are for the A/C not the heater. In addition many of the parts are not easy to access nor work on due to confined and hard to reach space. Most of the smaller appliances these days, microwaves, range hoods, wall A/C's, electric wall heaters, etc, are best if replaced rather than investing in trying to repair, unless they are under warranty. It is also highly probable the unit would need to be sent back to the distributor or manufacturer for repair, rather than dropping it off to a parts store or HVAC shop.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 28 days ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hello Dave,
We accepted your advice that it would be difficult to find parts, so I tried to find a replacement unit. The unit sizes have changed since we purchased the Hampton bay. That company no longer makes them! 23.5” by 17” high 240 volts seems to be a none available size!
In addition to the Internet I visited three local stores without success. We then added a further stand alone heater, as the air con still works well on the window unit.
Blessings David

Thank you very much for the reply, it sounds like you've resolved the problem as best as possible. Enjoy the new year.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor