HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

On my thermostat my desired temperature is 70 and hold

Customer Question
On my thermostat my...

On my thermostat my desired temperature is 70 and hold temperature is showing 53 and not increasing,what things I can check

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat looks,but I do not know

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Little troubleshooting myself at first

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I get professional help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Your issue is most likely not with thermostat but instead with equipment. Remove the R and W wires on thermostat and connect them together to see if heat starts warming the house if not we will concentrate on the furnace