HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox HP X14 Heat Pump Unit and Air Handler

Customer Question
I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox HP X14 Heat Pump Unit and Air Handler purchased Dec. of 2009. My grandson was just here shoveling my deck and told me the soft snow we

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filter is find I put a new one in in early December, I have heat the unit is working. My grandson is just concerned that the amount of snow we have had today will pack up in the unit and cause a problem. Is there a heat unit inside the outside unit that comes on when there is a snow load?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not me I am 80 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just let me know if the outside unit can handle the snow.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector replied 8 months ago
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector

Hello, You do not normally need to do anything to outdoor unit. There is no heating element inside. They are designed for outdoors, however, I understand the snow storm right now, and you are correct, do not allow snow to build up inside the unit, or it will not operate correctly, as it is a heat pump, and moves air through a coil system of refridgerant. Use some hot water to melt the snow out of the out door unit. This should answer your question, please don't forget to rate me.

Inspector & Building Analyst- J Baker