HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a KSWX018-H213 in my garage. It has worked for a

Customer Question
I have a KSWX018-H213...

I have a KSWX018-H213 in my garage. It has worked for a couple of years well as the garage is insulated. However now it does not cool. It comes on and makes all the regular sounds and air is blown out but it is not cool. I am speculationing it lost freon and I am not qualified to service the system.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Cleaned the filters and the tem setting can be changed with no difference.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I do not know my options. I had printed out a service manual but would rather find a local qualified service company.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 6 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK the unit is likely running low on freon, check and make sure the condenser is clean. If it is then remove the back panel inside the freezer section and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Note the refrigerator section often will maintain temps still because there is enough freon to get to 37 degrees, but not enough to get to 0 degrees. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!