HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Hydro Therm Model M82 furnace in my residence. I…

Customer Question
I have a Hydro...

I have a Hydro Therm Model M82 furnace in my residence. I have question in regard to operating temperature. The gauge with temperature and pressure shows

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I have a Hydro Therm Model M82 furnace in my residence. I have question in regard to operating temperature. The gauge with temperature and pressure shows 14 PSI and 98 deg. temp. The honeywell controller shows 180 deg top temp and I set to 140 circulating temp ( its was set at 120 deg.). The heat seems to be low through the house and the registers are not real hot. Am I correct in increasing the temp setting at the honey well controller.. Yet, as I increased the temp setting the temp at the gauge did not go up.. Do you have any suggestions.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the control temp is 180 and the gauge temp is 98 turning up the temp won't help. If the burner doesn't run all the time I suspect the control is way out of calibration. DO the burners fire up? at what gauge temp do they shut down?