HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The heat pump fan is on outside but the unit is not blowing…

Customer Question
The heat pump fan...

The heat pump fan is on outside but the unit is not blowing any air inside .. No heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

We have doubled checked everything on the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are trying too

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is a Vivint thermostat

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.