HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I run Reznor BE 400 furnaces in my business. On several of…

Customer Question
I run Reznor BE...

I run Reznor BE 400 furnaces in my business. On several of them the inducer motor does not shut off even after the blower shuts off. Is it the pressure switch that regulates the inducer motor off and on or possibly the tube sensor?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes we change them each month

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I have replaced several of the inducer motors and it saves me hundreds

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just the inducer doesn't shut off is all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the way these this work, is as follows:

.

1. Thermostat calls for heat, starts inducer fan.

2. Inducer fan draws a slight vacuum on the combustion chamber, that closes the pressure switch.

3. The closed pressure switch starts a timer in the printed circuit board. After 30 seconds or so the printed

circuit board sends power to the gas valve and igniter.

4. The burner fires.... then either on a time delay from the printed circuit board or on a heat sensitive switch power is

sent to the blower motor.

.

The inducer fans are staying on after the burners turn off because of a defect in the printed circuit board. If it were a defect in the thermostat, the inducers would stay on AND the burners would fire.

OR... with some systems rarely seen, the furnace trips its high temperature safety cut out switch, and that shuts the gas valve off, and inducer fan (or more commonly the main blower or fan) stays running to cool the furnace off

Thats an orientation, we can go from there as needed.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.