HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a fireplace extrordinaire which was installed

Customer Question
I have a fireplace...

I have a fireplace extrordinaire which was installed 12-18-2013. The unit heats very well, but sometimes the by-pass damper gets stuck and cannot be moved. When it gets stuck open I can continue to load and use the fireplace but when it gets stuck closed i cannot open the doors to load because the smoke fills the house. After the fireplace cools then the damper works again. I am using 2 to 3 year old oak wood. What can be the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Fireplace extrordinaire (not sure about the spelling)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It has a seven year warranty that should cover this.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I contacted the dealer where i bought the unit and they could not tell me why this was happening.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
THIS IS TAKING ENTIRELY TOO LONG. PLEASE DISREGARD MY REQUEST AND REFUND THE $5.00 FEE, THANKS
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

We are all working professionals here, the doctors can be in surgery, the lawyers can be in court, and the technicians can be on a job... we are not an instant service type boiler room with unskilled people reading from scripts... so it can take a few minutes to respond.

Let me know if you want me to work with you on this, I am 77 years old, 58 years in the business, and with over 8,500 questions answered here with a 98.4% posittive rating score.

Or I can request a refund for you, we can go from there

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer