HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a tekmar tnt 541 in mfamiy room and o. I have a

Customer Question
Hi, i have a...

Hi, i have a tekmar tnt 541 in mfamiy room and o

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Hi, I have a tekmar tnt 541 in my family room and one in each bathroom - 3 total- to control radiant floor heat. the one in family room is not heating the floor. the other 2 in bathrooms are working fine. Is it advisable to disconnect the faulty one and replace it with one of the others? will there be any damage/danger to the system/pumps etc?/

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Checked the thermostat settings . what filters ?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes , if it will not impact the heating pumps

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. DOING THAT WILL NOT AFFECT THE PUMPS BUT FOR SAFETY I WOULD RECOMMEND TURNING THE POWER OFF TO THE SYSTEM BEFORE SWAPPING THE THERMOSTAT AND THEN TURN BACK ON.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The thermostat doesn’t have power cable
It is a 24v thermostat

YOU HAVE TO TURN THE POWER OFF TO THE WHOLE SYSTEM AT THE CIRCUIT BREAKER

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD RATE ME ON MY SERVICE BY SELECTING ONE OF THE 5 STARS ON YOUR PAGE SO WE MAY CLOSE THIS QUESTION.

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician