HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I BOUGHT A OLDER DOUBLE WIDE MANUFACTURE HOME IN LAKELAND…

Customer Question
I BOUGHT A OLDER...

I BOUGHT A OLDER DOUBLE WIDE MANUFACTURE HOME IN LAKELAND FLORIDA THAT HAS A CARRIER AIR CONDITIONER, I AM TRYING TO DETERMINE IF THE T874G155 IS WORKING PROPERLY. HOW CAN I GET THE INSTRUCTIONS

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

THE ONLY WAY WE GET HET IS TO PLACE ALL CONTROL TO MAXIMUM HEAT AND THE SUPPLIMENTAL HEAT (RED LIGHT) ON

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES SO FR S CHECKING OUT THE THERMOSTAT AT THIS POINT. I HAVENT REPLACED THE FILTER SINCE LAST MATCH

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

A COPY OF HOW THE THERMOSTAT WORKS WOULD BE GREAT FOR STARTERS. THANK YOU

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic

Good morning. I am Kevin, one of the tech's here on JA.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All I wanted was the instructions on how to use the Carrier thermostat for heat settings. Like email me the instructions. PLEASE
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It becoming clear that you do not understand English. So please refund my $5 since you are unable to answer a simple question
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If not I will be contacting my credit card company
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Let me find you a manual for this and we can go from here

I am not finding the exact model you have provided under Carrier's dealer info site.Is this a digital thermostat?

I do find Honeywell T874 but it in older mercury thermostat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is the older mercury type thermometer with 2 mercury tubes on the heat side and 2 tubes on the air conditioning side
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only way we get heat is to put both switched all the way up to the high side and put the SUPL switch ON and fan ON.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please refund the $5 .

You have been replied to by different experts who would have been happy to work through this with you, but everytime one of us reply, all you say is "refund my $5." I will be glad to send this to adminsrators and close the question.Good luck and have a great day.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE THERMOSTATE INFORMATION YOU SENT IS THE ONE I HAVE. HOW SHOULD I SET THE TWO LEVERS TO GET THE HEAT OPTION, WILL IT ONLY HET WHEN THE SUPL *RED LIGHT) IS ALSO ON. IF THIS INFO IS IN THE MNUAL SORRY BUT I COULD NOT FIND IT
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer