HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Fasco under cabinet heater that cuts off before the…

Customer Question
I have a Fasco...

I have a Fasco under cabinet heater that cuts off before the desired temp is achieved. What can be done to remedy this annoying situation?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Quite possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I have several of these units in bathrooms and they do the job well.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I do not know how to check the thermostat

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. FIRST I WILL NEED THE MODEL NUMBER OF YOUR HEATER IN ORDER TO FIND SPECS AND INFORMATION FOR YOUR UNIT

I have looked all over the unit and can find nothing. My only recourse is to go back 20 years and look at records to see if I can find it.
The h after still works and I don’t use it that often.

OK WHAT TEMP ARE YOU SETTING IT AT AND WHAT TEMP IS IT MAITAININg?

Model # 245
Last night I pull the unit out from under my sink cabinet. I set it on the highest temperature and it ran for 45 minutes. That tells me that it’s overheating when it’s underneath my sink. This morning I ran it and it went for about 30 minutes.

when it turns off does the fan also turn off or just stop heating. also can you take some pictures of how it is installed and post them here

Everything turns off.
Model # 2450

OK SINCE EVERYTHING TURNS OFF THAT MEANS THE THERMOSTAT IN THE HEATER IS SATISFYING AND IT IS NOT OVERHEATING. MOST LIKELY WHAT IS HAPENING IS WHEN IT IS INSTALLED UNDER THE CABINET SOME OF THE HEATED AIR IS GETTING RECIRCULATED INTO THE RETURN SIDE OF THE HEATER SO IT THINKS THE AIR TEMP IS WARMER THAN IT IS. UNFORTUNATLEY THERE IS NOT MUCH TO DO ABOUT THIS BESIDES MAKING SURE THE AIRFLOW COMING OUT OF IT IS UNRESTRICTED. KICK SPACE HEATERS ARE NOT REALLY DESIGNED TO MAITAIN A ROOM AIR TEMPERATURE THEY MOSTLY JUST ADD A LITTLE BIT OF EXTRA HEAT IN AREAS LIKE A KITCHEN WHERE YOU CANT HAVE A BASEBOARD OR REGISTER.

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD RATE ME ON MY SERVICE BY SELECTING ONE OF THE 5 STARS ON YOUR PAGE SO WE MAY CLOSE THIS QUESTION.

Thank you Daniel.

THANK YOU FOR USING THIS SERVICE AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE ME ON MY SERVICE

I am trying to remove any dust build up from it now and will put it back under.

OK

I actuallyFound a mass of dust buildup in the coil’s after I was able to get my phone flashlight to see it. That may have been a lot of my problem. Thank you so much!

THAT WOULD DEFINITELY CAUSE PROBLEMS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS AND PLEASE RATE ME ON MY SERVICE BY SELECTING ONE OF THE 5 STARS ON YOUR PAGE.

Just wanted to say the heater is running very well! Like brand new!
Ok glad to hear that. Thank you for letting me know. Next if you could rate m on my service by selecting one of the five stars on your page so we may close this question I would appreciate it.