HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell RTH6500. After applying power it comes on…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell RTH6500. After applying power it comes on for a few seconds then blanks out followed by powering on and off every couple of seconds.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It's new, just wired up this morning.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. HAVE YOU MADE SURE THE R AND C WIRE ARE CONNECTED SECURELY TO THE TERMINAL AND IS THE THERMOSTAT NEW OR HAS IT BEEN WORKING?