HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

If light on a Rheem 90 high efficiency furnace is blinking…

Customer Question
If green light on...

If green light on a Rheem 90 high efficiency furnace is blinking twice, how do you know if the high pressure or low pressure switch is faulty?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, replaced within the past 45 days.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If you bang on the side of the top panel, it will usually begin to function properly for a while, and then fail again sporadically

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Model # is RGRJ-12ERAJS
Serial # is GE50307F080407886
Inducer motor comes on, ignitor works and gas valve clicks
Usually, if I restart the ignition sequence and bang on the top access panel, the furnace will come on and work for a day to a week or more before initiating a one hour lock out. Is the high or low pressure switch located just inside the top panel?
There may be an S instead of a 5 or a D instead of a 0 in the serial number
Correction - green light is only blinking once every 2 seconds, not blinking twice.
Called service at one point, but it was working when they arrived and could not identify the problem.
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

OK the 1 blink is totally different so make sure. That indicates a soft lockout.

If lockout, lets killl high voltage unit and then back on.See if furnace gives us a different code prior to the lockout