HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Burnham boiler. R7184P. I had a fuel delivery today…

Customer Question
I have a Burnham...

I have a Burnham boiler. R7184P. I had a fuel delivery today and now the boiler won’t fire.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The boiler is still warm. There is a green flashing light. I’d say it’s been no more than two hours.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to if possible. It’s 9 PM in Alaska and the call out fees would be ridiculous.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is a rental unit, it probably hasn’t been cleaned in 2+ years.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

The thermostats appeared to be fine. Only one filter and I am not sure how to determine if it’s OK. It appears to have fuel in it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Do you still need help?

I ended up having to call a company to replace the fuel pump.

Ok