HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace is blowing cool air. Reset dozens of times.

Customer Question
My furnace is blowing...

My furnace is blowing cool air. Reset dozens of times. Occasionally will work (mostly during day) but not so much at night

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filter is new. Thermostat has been reset and new batteries

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Nope. Have a service call in, but r they can’t come out til next wednesday

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope. I can’t figure it out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

If you are handy and have a multi meter

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

It’s a trane xv90 furnace. Can’t get a good pic as its dark. Gas dryer is working fine. Any other thoughts.

Attach the picture in the morning, we can go from there. It could be many things, not related to the gas supply, from a dirty flame sensor rod to a bad printed circuit board etc.

See you in the AM

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer