HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Goodman GVC9 furnace: blower will turn on, but no heat.

Customer Question
Checked intake and exhaust, they...
Goodman GVC9 furnace: blower will turn on, but no heat. Checked intake and exhaust, they look ok. Flashing code 4 so replaced the filter which needed replacing. Limit switch in middle of unit shows no resistance on Ohm meter. Still flashing code 4 after turning off for 10 minutes and replacing filter.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

No resistance as in open or closed circuit? If switch shows closed trace the wires back to the board and test continuity across the entire limit circuit at the circuit pins that connect to the board.

0 ohms, no resistance, complete continuity. tracing the circuit now

Ok

please call(###) ###-####

Phone call is an additional charge and I'm logging off for the night shortly

youre not going to help?

Not tonight, if you want help tonight opt for another expert

how do i do that?

You trace the leads connected to the limit (in both directions back to where they connect to the board. Then probe the connector pins they are attached to. Power off of course

You were no help. I had to call a technician in to finish the job. It was zero degrees overnight, and I had to get the issue fixed. I better not have to pay a dime for this.

Ok, there are limits as to what I can do from here. All I can do is provide troubleshooting assistance. Actually doing what's required is up to you. I'll let customer service know you want a refund. Please do not respond to this thread again. If you have more questions contact customer service.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer