HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Dont know how this works, but thanks in advance... My boiler…

Customer Question
Hi,dont know how this...

Hi,dont know how this works, but thanks in advance... My boiler is cycling. goes on for 2-3 minutes and goes off for 7 or 10 minutes. We are not reaching set temp in the house...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since the deep cold started, fora few dayws

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Used to be a old radiator system, had it converted to baseboard. this is the first winter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the brand and model of your boiler? What is the boiler water temp when it shuts down? Are the pipes at the baseboard hot?

I think Weil-Mc Lain, the temp and pressure gauge is not working currnetly. the pipes in the base board are warm-ish

You need a working temp & pressure gauge or there's no way to know what the problem is. At best for now you can try turning up the boiler temp at the aquastat to no more than 200. I also can't be more specific if you can't provide the model of the boiler.

I’ll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Ok, I'm online ~9 am to ~7 pm ET. I do take breaks