HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace is not blowing heat - hoping you can walk me

Customer Question
Hi, my furnace is...

Hi, my furnace is not blowing heat - hoping you can walk me through what to do

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes and yes Just replaced the filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’m not sure - it seems to be operational. What if the filter is a tiny bit too big? could that cause a problem?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

Can you call me?(###) ###-####

I am unable to take phone call right now. The offer is site generated automatically. This will be presented to my colleagues so you may get a call from one of them if available.We can continue here to try to solve your problem

Honestly not sure where to start.

Start by looking inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

Do I have to unscrew anything to get into the burner compartment? There is a board outside of the furnace with all of the leds. All seem to be functioning but the compressor and the fan are dark.
Model off the manual for the zone control is ncm300
For the furnace the manual says mh95/GCH95
It’s made by goodman

Not familiar with zone controls.I will open to other experts

HVAC Technician: Steve Peck,
 replied 6 months ago
Steve Peck
Phone call session started