HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Neil furnace model N9MP0275B12A1 will not drain the

Customer Question
My Neil furnace model...

My Neil furnace model N9MP0275B12A1 will not drain the condensate. The drain line is not clogged. The water backs up into the blower and the sensors shut the furnace. When the furnace is off the water drains.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. The Heil technition could not solve the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, how does the condensate trap work.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anyone there?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, we are all working professionals here, often out on jobs, we respond as soon as we can, usually faster than this however.

.

That is an entirely unusual and inexplicable failure mode you are accurately describing. I can mull this over with you for a while maybe we can sort it out.

Condensate trap is a siphon trap, when the water level in the trap to the top of the siphon, the siphon then sucks the water out of the trap.

Remove the trap and clean it well including the siphon tube... that has a slight chance of solving the problem. Lets try that first, we can go from there. When you are done cleaning the trap, prime it with half a cup of water.

I am at a loss so far to say why it drains when the furnace shuts down.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am cleaning the siphon trap and cleaning all the lines to it I'll get back to you after i test.

I will be here until 11 pm mid west USA time... then back all day tomorrow

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thanks

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have cleaned all drain lines and the drip tray assembly. The furnace runs for 12 minutes and then water backs up into the fan (I can hear the water in the fan) and the pressure sensors shut down the furnace. As soon as the furnace shuts off the water pours out of the condensate collection box and down the drain.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The drip tray assembly is what the parts list calls the siphon tube.

Hello the drip tray is not the same as the condensate trap, see if you can locate it, follow the exhaust from the bottom of the heat exchanger it will go directly to the condensate trap, then a pipe from the condensate trap run outside the furnace to wherever it drains to,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Part number(###) ###-####listed on the repair clinic is a trap but they call it a drip tray. I have removed, cleaned and reinstalled this trap and all lines to it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have also cut and cleaned the 3/4" pvc drain line.

Thanks, ***** ***** that anyone else has seen this problem before and can solve it easily are slim, I will not be able to do much more than I have however, so I will opt out and wish you the best of luck!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
55357;�

Your question goes before about 20 other HVAC experts now, if any of them think they can help they will answer.. if not you have no answer to your situation from here at least. Its a very unusual and inexplicable problem

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer